The Smithbridge group is committed to the implementation of effective environmental protection programmes as a proper function of management to ensure the activities of the company have minimum impact on the environment.
Our safety standards and policies meet the requirements, and often surpass the requirements, of State and Federal law. These policies are reviewed on a frequent basis by our Workplace Health and Safety team, who report directly to the Group Managing Director.
Our committment to the environment includes:
- Comply with all applicable environmental protection laws and regulations
- Conduct business according to recognised industry and Smithbridge environmental standards
- Design and construct facilities with minimum possible risk to the environment
- Acknowledge that environmental protection and the elimination of pollution is of equal importance with other key operational objectives
- Maintain effective environmental programmes, rules and practices and to foster employee and subcontractor involvement in improving environmental performance
- Continually monitor compliance with standards, rules and procedures
- Engender a culture of continuous improvement in mitigating risks our business poses to the environment
Our full Environmental Policy Statement can be viewed here.